Friday, June 1, 2007

Reason for the Blog

In leaving our church and ultimately the institutional church as a whole, I read many of those who had gone on before me. They gave me such courage and comfort during this process.

I wanted also to be a voice for those who were leaving or being forced to leave. I wanted them to be able to compare thier stories with mine both for their own sanity and thier comfort.

Therefore this blog will attempt to place sign posts of my (our) day to day journey into what I hope will be the very heart of God. I have no idea where this journey will end or even take me. I only know that I have been called to go down this road.

I have a husband who is with me as well as some grown children, small children and a few faithful friends.

I welcome any and all who wish to read and interact with me through this wonderful, grace filled journey.

5 comments:

Deirds said...

Thank you for your blog. I have somehow stumbled across it....

I left my church of 16 years in March.

Your story is similar to mine & to some of my friends who also have left. So much of what you write resounds in my heart.

I don't think I am as far on in my journey of understanding, grace & forgiveness as you, but I take courage from reading your posts that I will get there.

Thankyou.

Barb said...

deirds,
Welcome to my journey. Some days (like today) I don't feel so far along.
Thanks for reading.

Deirds said...

Barb -

I understand how you feel. Some days are better than others & somedays its one step forward and five back.

I guess this is where we cling to the Father's grace & deep down somewhere know that He'll get us thru (even if it doesn't feel like it).

Hang in there

xx

Anonymous said...

Genial post and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you seeking your information.

BrianK said...

Thanks for sharing your journey and your struggles honestly. My own journey out of legalism and elitism and into the grace of God seems oddly similar to yours. (http://www.priestlynation.com)