Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Scent of a Profit

For your early Christmas shopping I want to alert you to the wonders in the catalogue of the NAR. (New Apostolic Reformation) Fresh from the latest Letter to his Intercessors, Chuck Pierce has these for your purchase at the bottom of the page.

The text beside the pictures ARE NOT MADE UP!!!






"The Joy of Covenant" Candle & Anointing Oil


With God forming a new covenant we have made this new anointing oil. Filled with the fragrance of roses and lilies, this oil can be used as you pray for restored covenant or form new covenant. Then we also have a beautiful candle for $12 that goes with this oil. Or you can purchase BOTH for $20.


My Note: I was thinking of what scent would represent those of us accused of 'breaking covenant." Any thoughts out there?

And for those of you who actually believe that covenant was nailed down at the cross, maybe the Joy of Covenant candle and roll on oil is not your cup of tea. But wait....we have more:















Harvest Anointing Oil and Candle (Set)

The Harvest Candle and Anointing Oil represent the mindset that God is developing at this time in His people. We must move into a mindset of multiplication and harvest. Anoint your home, business, church, and friends with this anointing. Trim your wick and get ready for a visitation and increase!


I giggled every time I read that we are to anoint your home, business, church and friends with the Harvest oil. I can just imagine the drive by anointings that will happen to friends. Way too funny.

Do you have any oils or candles that you would like to add to the list? Like the roll on Control Oil...You smell it and never question again. Or the Chair O Authority Candle....the scent hits you like a brick. Or the Shunning Oil....you can roll it on or just spit it at people.

Seriously though, "Trim your wick and get ready for a visitation and increase?" You have got to be kidding me. We have actually begun to sell God here folks. Or what is this about "God forming a new covenant." I thought the old one was the last one. What new covenant are they talking about.

PEOPLE!!......Please stop this. You may be able to make a case that you are hearing God, although the "word" in the letter seems to me to be the same rehash of worn out phrases and empty, vague promises. But this. This is witchcraft...pure and simple. With a scent that cannot be pleasing to the Father.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Barb,
I was just about to log off when your post came, and after reading it had to add my voice to yours. Rather than reiterate my post, here is the link.

Needless to say, what a pathetic display of propheteering - and an even greater affront to the glorious gospel of our Lord Jesus.

I appreciate your heart for a genuine expression and for contending for the faith.

Anonymous said...

And Christian consumers will buy it... as well as this:

Nothing says Christmas like a blazing cross in your front yard

Anonymous said...

Is it me, or is that apostolic baby getting harder and harder to hold onto covered in all that anointing oil?

Oh man.... it reminds me of seeing one of the many books on the Secrets of Prosperity, modestly sized and priced at $45. I could almost imagine it reading like this:

"Step One: Write a small book with a whiplash-inducing title revolving around tithing or sowing monetary seed.

Step Two: Price it at $35-$60.

Step Three: Sell it to good intentioned people at conferences and on websites.

Step Four: Repeat Steps 1-3 as needed."

Thanks for posting this. It was a great laugh and also a very, very sad realization.

Erin said...

Propheteering? I have never heard that word and it made me laugh! And it even has a wikipedia entry...where have I been?

Wow. I used to carry a little vial of anointing oil on my keychain because it was SO important to have it when I needed it. But why would I want to anoint anything if I can just burn a candle and cover a large territory?

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with much of what I've read in the comments. I wish that I could say that I find these things unbelievable, except that Paul told Timothy that this day would come in 2 Timothy 4:3-4. I watched (was on staff at) a church that was very sound doctrinally, shift to this type of nonsense in order to tickle ears (and fill pockets). Sad indeed.

Mary said...

If I hadn't already walked down this road before, I don't know that I would have believed this. It saddens me because I know that the people who buy these things genuinely believe in them and want to do what is right. Sigh...

Brother Frankie said...

this is sad, so sad..
(i wonder if peter had a special candle? those jail cells are dark and damp ya know)

Jeannette Altes said...

Hmm... this sounds and feels a lot like what I have seen of witchcraft - which is simply trying to manipulate someone else's mind and will... Heretic that I am, I have some Pagan friends. I don't like their religion, but you know, the similarities here jumped out at me.

Anonymous said...

Barb,
I think the "Breaking Covenant" candle and complimentary anointing oil would have to be
un-scented.
Here's why...when I was "In Covenant" I didn't even know that it existed until I had broken it by noticing totally unscriptual actions by our Apostle and then mentioning them. Then I was informed that I had broken covenant. I must have been under Double-Secret-Probation-Covenant.

Maybe we could start a line of candles that take care of the mundane tasks of pursuing God for us, like
a daily devotional candle, a worship candle, a Bible reading candle, listening for His voice candle, etc...

Great for the Believer on the go...no more wasted time...just light them and walk out the door.

brad/futuristguy said...

Might I suggest you consider my entirely new line:

Scent-On-A-Mission

>?>?>

With Scent-On-A-Mission, you can waft on high where angels fly!

Choose from:

Prayerverbial Herbal – a veritable bouquet of blessings with oh-so-subtle hints of sage wisdom.

Flamboyant Floral – just a touch’ll knock ’em over!

Platform Patchouli – given the strength of this manly fragrance, more than your reputation will proceed you!

A bonus blessing from us to you: Our all-natural organic ingredients are grown in Scent-On-A-Mission communal gardens -- by Proverbs 31 women only!

Scent-On-A-Mission …

© 2008 Brad Sargent (so no presumptive propheteers can copy my words without permission). [Registration pending on TM names.]